I know that it is pretty much the end of January. But I've had some resolutions goals that I have been trying to stick to. And I've managed to do a little, so I wanted to remind myself that I can do it, so when I look back I remember and can keep myself motivated. And I know my blog is way overdue for an update. I'm sure I'm the only one who even looks at it any more!
1. Have a personal daily devotional.
This is a challenge that our Stake President gave us in Stake Conference. I know the difference this can make, but I admit that I haven't truly made it a priority. I am trying to make time to do this in the morning, rather than trying to fit it in during the day - cause we all know how well that works out. :) I know that this simple act will improve my day, my relationships, my family life, and my entire outlook.
2. Recognize the good things that happen.
I have let myself get caught up in all the negative in my life - which, in reality, isn't all that much. But I let it seem like a mountain some times. So, I am striving to recognize even the littlest good that happens in my life.
For example, Conni missed a week of school when she was down with the flu bug. Thursday at the end of class, her teacher - the wonderful Miss Gina - called Conni with the entire class on speaker phone to say that they missed her. Then Miss Gina asked what she was sick with, how she was doing, when she might be back. I was more excited that Conni was. It made my day to think that Miss Gina truly missed my little girl.
It seemed like such a big awful deal that Conni was sick (this was on day 7 of her fever). But in reality, my little girl is so healthy and I need to be grateful that it was only the flu - nothing worse.
3. Be less selfish and reach out to others.
I have become the biggest home body. If its after 5:00 I am rarely out of the house, unless I'm going to the Young Women's activity (and that's only one street away). If it makes me go outside my comfort zone then I never do it. I feel so selfish. I am in a hurry to get Conni home after school - but its not like we have anything we need to do.
So lately I have been working on reaching out to my girlfriends more rather than waiting for someone to ask me to do something. We have dinner plans in another week, I'm taking dinner to a friend who has sick kids, and Conni and I made a batch of cupcakes just because and delivered them to some friends and family.
It made me so happy to be doing something again! (I know - insert service lesson here ;) I have forgotten what a social girl I can be, and it sure feels good to start being social again. I used to be so worried about how Conni would act, or sticking to her schedule. Um hello - my little girl is four and a half - and she LOVES to go see people and visit and serve! I will do more with her and we will service together.
4. Blog weekly.
My blog has been so neglected. Starting now, I will try to blog weekly. Even if it is just to remember a little thing or share something Conni and I were able to do for a friend. Otherwise I might as well just turn the thing off! But count this as my post for this week.
This will hopefully push me to be more creative with my writing too. I love to write, and I need to make time for me. I would love suggestions about things to blog about too!
So here goes. Here's to me sticking with it. Here's me to recognizing set backs are for my own good. Here's to me picking myself off and starting again. Here's to me being HAPPY!
1 comment:
I LOVE this post! And no, you aren't the only one reading it. :-) I know what you mean about seeing the little positives and also in serving. It's something so easy yet so hard to do. Thanks for writing it down and inspiring me. I look forward to your weekly posts!
Post a Comment